Car Title Loans in Virginia Beach: A Complete Guide
For those with a consistent income stream, securing a loan is easy. But for those with bad credit or in between jobs, borrowing money can be a challenge.
If you’ve been turned down for a loan in Virginia Beach, Va. due to poor credit, a title loan (also known as pink slip loans) may be one of the best options for you.
It is intended to give some emergency funding for household purposes, unexpected bills, and the like.
This detailed guide will go over:
- Title loan services
- How it works
- Their perks and drawbacks
- The documents you need to present during your application
If you live in Virginia Beach, Va. and wish to know more about its car title loan process, keep reading!
Auto Title Loan: What Does It Mean?
A title loan is a form of short-term financing that requires providing acceptable property (in this instance, your car title) in return for quick cash.
Car title loans are perfect for:
- Individuals with poor credit history – Bank loans have strict requirements and can take a long to get approved. To make things worse, if you have a bad credit score, you can get rejected. Because your vehicle title acts as security, you won’t have to deal with this difficulty with car title loans. The most significant factor is the value of your vehicle, not your credit score.
- Those in between jobs and in need of quick cash – Some loans have an excruciatingly long waiting period. You may expect speedier service with a car title loan than with other types of loans. The money is sent swiftly by direct deposit, cheque, prepaid card, and other methods.
NOTE: Despite the speed with which vehicle title loans are processed, bear in mind that they are not free. You must still keep your half of the deal and turn in your car title.
Virginia Beach Title Loans: What to Consider?
Be sure you’re getting the most out of your car title loans deal in Virginia Beach as you go with your application. Take these into consideration:
1 – Borrowing Percentage
Calculate how much cash you’ll need and compare it with Virginia Beach lenders’ minimum loan amount or borrowing percentage.
You might be able to get a better bargain this way.
2 – Interest Rate
Some car title loan lenders may charge high-interest rates. If you go through transactions like this, making payments may be more problematic and significantly impact your financial situation.
We suggest choosing lenders with reasonable interest rates and acceptable loan terms.
TIP: If deals in Virginia Beach, Va. don’t satisfy you, there’s no shame in checking out auto title loans in nearby states.
3 – Ease of Application
Another point to consider is the ease of application. With technological advances today, long queues and cumbersome approval processes should be a thing of the past.
Fortunately, many lenders in Virginia Beach encourage customers to apply online and approve requests within one business day.
This means you can get a short-term loan without getting out of the comforts of your home.
4 – Speed of Remittance
You are applying for a short-term loan because you need cash RIGHT NOW.
Ensure that your chosen provider is reliable and offers multiple cash options when transferring funds.
5 – Confidentiality of Personal Information
With all of the recent stories about fraudsters and hacking attempts, you need to select a car title loans dealer whose top priority is to secure your private information.
We’ve pretty much covered what you need to consider before applying.
If you still think going all-in for Virginia Beach title loans is still the right move for you, check out their requirements below!
Virginia Beach Title Loans: Required Documents
To secure title loans in Virginia Beach, you’ll need more than an application form.
So be sure you have all these basic documents at hand when you apply online:
1. Car Title
This is quite an intuitive requirement for loan processing.
It’s important to note that the car title must show that your vehicle is officially and legally registered in your name. You must also show that your car is paid in full and that no creditors have a claim against it.
2. Car Photos
Virginia Beach creditors consider your car’s equity value when making an offer. They’ll most likely look for the following for your loan:
- Vehicle Year
You can send out the recent images of your car online. But make sure you’re uploading your automobile and not a different car!
3. Valid ID
You must provide a government-issued ID to verify any personal information you submitted.
4. Proof of Residence
This is another basic information needed during your application. Bills from the utility companies or government letters will suffice to prove your residence in Virginia Beach.
5. Proof of Earning
If you’re one of the unemployed residents in Virginia Beach, there’s no need to panic.
Not being able to present any proof of earning will not automatically disqualify you from getting your title loan approved.
You can still get one for as long as you can show the following:
- Bank statement
- Disability payment
- Social security payment
- Other related benefits
Title Loans in Virginia Beach, Va.: How to Register
You’ll be pleased to know Virginia Beach lenders offer competitive rates and a fast application process. You can even submit your loan documents and receive approval on the same business day!
Assuming you have all of the necessary documents already, let’s look at the loan process in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: Research
The first step to your loan application is choosing the right service provider in your state.
To check out available Virginia Beach title loan services, search for existing lenders online to figure out their service hours.
If you’re having technical difficulties and don’t have access to the internet, check the local business directory and call the telephone number provided.
Step 2: Be Pre-approved
After you’ve decided on your preferred provider, you may now apply online.
You will almost certainly be asked the following questions when applying for title loans in Virginia Beach:
- Contact information
- Loan amount
- Vehicle features
After you’ve completed and submitted everything, your request is pending review. However, if you’re lucky, you may be eligible for pre-approval. If lenders take their time reviewing automobiles, they may issue conditional approval. However, this does not guarantee that you will be fully approved.
NOTE: Double-check all information you’ve provided. Most importantly, make sure your zip code matches your State. There may be instances of state change zip code.
Step 2: Get Pre-approved
Title loans serviced in Virginia Beach are generally accessible the same day you apply.
Approval of your request mainly depends on the condition of your classic vehicle and whether you demonstrate ability to repay the loan.
Step 3: Final Approval
If you’ve reached this point, we advise you not to sign the contract immediately. Pay attention to the following points first:
- withdrawal options
- monthly payments
- hidden fees
Step 4: Withdraw Money
And voila! It’s funding time!
Your loan proceeds can now be transferred through any MoneyGram location in Virginia.
Title Loans Virginia Beach, Va.: Why Get One?
Title loans might help you get out of a financial bind. But what makes it worthwhile?
- Fast approval – A request form may be filled out in minutes, and the results can be sent the same day!
- Higher loan amount – You may be able to borrow up to 80% of your car’s equity (depending on your provider). This means that acquiring a pink slip loan will increase your chances of gaining a larger profit.
- Lenient credit check – Most title loan lenders will approve anyone who satisfies their minimum requirements. However, creditors may ask for your credit score to see if you’re financially responsible if you’re asking for additional money.
Car Title Loan in Virginia Beach, Va.: When Is It Not Your Best Option?
While there are a lot of advantages to getting an auto title loan, it’s still a financial commitment. And some may not find it the best solution—especially if you fall into any of these categories:
- In the middle of paying your auto loan – While it may sound appealing to take out a title loan while paying off your auto loan, it will pressure your budget. Paying two debts at the same time is a bad financial decision.
- Has high credit score – If you have an excellent credit score, you can receive a reduced loan interest rate and more secure funding from banks. However, unlike title loans, which may provide cash in as short as 24 hours, applying through a bank can cause some delays.
How to Get a Good Car Title Loan Deal in Virginia Beach, Va.?
- Check offers from creditors – Interest rates and payback terms differ depending on the lender. We encourage taking advantage of the competition among creditors to get the most out of your transaction.
- Compare annual percentage rate (APR) and loan fees – You should be able to choose a lender that offers a lower annual percentage rate (APR) and borrowing fees.
- Review the loan default policy – You must understand your choices. In certain cases, lenders may agree to extend a loan, while others may seize the borrower’s car. Check your lender’s default policy to see if it’s flexible enough in the event of a default.
Car Title Loans in Virginia Beach, Va.: How to improve the value of my vehicle?
If you enhance your vehicle, you have a better chance of getting a better deal. Here are a few pointers to make the most of your loan application.
- Examine your car’s electrical components – Your radio and the rest of your dashboard must be in good working order. You can repair an issue yourself or hire a professional if one arises.
- Wash your car thoroughly – If you haven’t driven in a long time, this is extremely important. Getting rid of dust from your automobile improves its appearance and value.
- Rims must be in good condition, and the tires are the correct size – Examine your vehicle’s components to ensure that they are in good operating condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still apply for Virginia Beach title loans even if I don’t have a bank account?
It depends. Some title lenders don’t insist on a bank account. But, if it were up to us, we’d say you should get one for convenience’s sake.
It’s because borrowers receive their loan proceeds through their bank accounts most of the time.
How Can I Withdraw My Car Title Loan Money in Virginia Beach?
Pick up your proceeds in Virginia Beach at any of the closest MoneyGram locations.
MoneyGram locations are shown on a map and may be found at Wal-Mart, Kroger, and CVS.
Are Pink Slip Loans Better Than Payday Loans?
A payday loan does not require any type of collateral. It merely states that the loan must be settled when the borrower’s next paycheck comes. Direct deposit, credit union, or prepaid card accounts are all options for repayment.
However, despite the enticing offer, title loans are the better option. It allows you to borrow cash for a longer repayment period, and the cash withdrawal options are more varied.
And that’s the end of our guide!
Hopefully, you’ve gathered all of the necessary information.
But keep in mind that title loans aren’t designed to solve financial difficulties or provide financial security.
Before making any judgments, be sure you’ve done your homework. If you’re still unsure, you may first try a few other options.
Are you looking for auto title loans in Virginia Beach, Va.? Feel free to share your thoughts below!