Effective Date: 01/08/2020
Select a topic below to learn more:
Credit Scores and Reports
Credit scores are important. You can learn more through the course developed by the California Department of Business Oversight (DBO). The subjects covered are:
- How you can establish your credit score.
- What are the benefits of a credit score.
- How to improve your credit rating.
- What things impact your credit score.
The Value of a Credit Score
This video has been prepared for you by the Federal Trade Commission to teach you more about:
- How you can obtain a copy of your current credit report free of charge.
- The importance of establishing your credit score.
- How to dispute errors on your credit report.
Checking My Credit Score
Here is an article that was prepared by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to help you understand these subjects:
- Various methods of checking your credit score.
- Where to go to get a copy of your current credit report for free.