How to Get Car Title Loans In Tulsa, Oklahoma
Few things in life are as scary and stressful as being strapped for cash in the face of an emergency.
Unfortunately, taking out loans from big financial institutions, like banks and credit bureaus, is often equally scary and stressful.
Enter car title loans!
In this article, we’ll tell you what title loans are and how to apply for them in Tulsa.
PLUS, we’ll also answer some questions that often come up when Tulsa residents apply for title loans.
How Do I Apply for a Car Title Loan in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
1) Contact your chosen lender.
There are many lenders in Tulsa who either specialize in title loans or include them in their portfolios.
Depending on which lender you choose, you can begin applying for an auto title loan by:
- Filling out an application form online
- Calling your chosen lender
- Visiting the nearest Tulsa title loans office
2) Submit all necessary requirements.
Here are the most common documents that lenders in Tulsa ask for:
- Clean car title bearing your name
- Car details
- Photos of the car
- Personal information
- Valid government-issued ID
- Proof of income
Your lender may also ask for additional documents, such as:
- Car insurance
- Proof of Oklahoma residency
Clarify all requirements with your lender as early in the application process as possible.
3) Have your vehicle appraised.
After the loans officer has determined that you meet the criteria for a title loan, you’ll need to bring your car to the loan office.
Even though you will have already provided information about and photos of your vehicle, your loan officer will still need to conduct a physical inspection.
Some of the things they will check for include:
- The condition of the engine
- Signs of major body repair (has it been involved in a major accident?)
- The car’s serial and motor numbers (do they match those listed in the title?)
- The authenticity of the car title
- The condition of the car’s interior
- A test drive
These will determine the loan amount that you can take out.
4) Get your money!
The last step will be for you and your loans officer to establish the terms and conditions of the loan. These include:
- The loan amount
- The interest rates
- The loan term (length of time you have to repay)
- Your repayment schedule and methods
Finally, your loans officer will hold on to your car title as collateral.
You can then sign the loans papers and receive your money—on the same day you apply!
Loan amounts can be received:
- In cash
- Via direct deposit to your bank account
- Via direct deposit to your MoneyGram account
What is a Car Title Loan?
Car title loans—also known as auto title loans, or simply title loans—are a type of cash loan where:
you use your car or other vehicle as collateral in exchange for an equivalent amount of cash.
After you file a loan application, your potential lender will first assess you to see if you meet their criteria.
If you pass this initial screening, you will be asked to bring your vehicle to the loan office. This is so the lender can appraise the condition of your vehicle and estimate its equivalent cash value.
Finally, after establishing all the loan terms and conditions, the lender will keep your car title as collateral. Meanwhile, you will sign the loan agreement.
Then you can get your money!
Why Should I Get a Car Title Loan?
Compared to traditional loans from financial institutions, car title loans have a few significant advantages:
- EASY LOAN PROCESS. The required documents are ones that you probably already have with you. No need to wait in line and file forms in triplicate!
- QUICK ACCESS TO CASH. Because the loan process and requirements are so easy, you can even get your money on the same day you file your loan application!
- NOT DEPENDENT ON YOUR CREDIT SCORE. Approval for title loans mostly depends on your ability to repay the loan, rather than your credit decisions or history.
These make title loans a great way for people to get money QUICK.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much money can I get in a car title loan?
Loan amounts will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your vehicle
- The vehicle’s estimated value
- Your ability to pay back the money
- State law restrictions
You can check this guide to get a better idea of Tulsa, Oklahoma laws and regulations regarding title loans.
NOTE: If you incur additional fees, such as notarization and other documentary fees, while applying, lenders may deduct these from your loan proceeds.
Will there be a credit check if I apply for a title loan?
The short answer is: it depends.
While most lenders in Tulsa DO NOT perform credit checks on potential borrowers, some do.
It’s important to note that your credit score is NOT the main factor that decides your approval for a title loan.
What determines your approval (or not) for a loan is your ability to pay it back in full.
Will I have to leave my vehicle with the lender?
No, you don’t!
When you bring your vehicle to the loan office, it is ONLY so the lender can accurately assess its value and condition. This is what will determine the amount of money you can get in exchange.
This is also why lenders require you to give them the vehicle’s title.
This document is all they need to prove that they are the legal owner of your vehicle for the duration of the loan.
You can still keep using your vehicle as normal while you make repayments. Then, when the loan is fully paid off, you can repossess your car’s title.
There you have it—a quick and easy primer on Tulsa title loans!
If you need money URGENTLY—say, for an accident, a sudden illness, or some other emergency—these loans offer a quick, easy solution to your worries.
We hope that the information in this article helps you decide whether Tulsa title loans will suit your personal needs and circumstances.