Every once in a while, life throws a curveball, and you find yourself in the middle of a financial situation.
Whether you need money for urgent medical bills, university tuition fees, or just quick cash for household purposes, title loans in Louisville can help.
If you are a resident of Louisville, KY, this article will tell you the COMPLETE steps to apply for a title loan.
Four-Step Loan Application Process: Everything You Need to Know
Looking for a solution that is SIMPLE and CONVENIENT? You’ve come to the right place.
Car title loans are known for their quick loan process.
Let’s set you up for your loan approval!
Step 1: Fill Out the Online Application Form
There are a lot of lending companies in Kentucky. To find the right one for you, do some research.
List down the company’s interest rates, credit score requirements (if any), and repayment conditions.
Of course, also look out for reviews from their previous borrowers. This will tell you about the quality of service of that lending company.
After choosing among your options, find their ONLINE application form. Complete and fill out the information needed.
Note: Submitting the form does not mean you are already qualified for a car title loan. Wait for a loan representative to contact you and give you directions. Don’t hesitate to ask for clarifications.
Step 2: Submit the Required Documents
To qualify for car title loans, the lender will ask you for personal information, car documents, and proof of income.
Prepare the following documents:
- A government or state-issued ID (passport, driver’s license, voter’s ID, etc.)
- Proof of residency (utility bills, contract of lease, subscription mailings)
- Lien-free car title*
- Vehicle insurance papers
- Car information (photos of interior and exterior, odometer, and Vehicle Identification Number)
- Proof of income (Payslips, proof of social security benefits, bank statements)
- At least two character references who know about your credit habits
*A lien-free car title means that there are no current holds or outstanding judgments on your car. In other words, the car is debt-free, and no one has an existing claim on it.
Tip: Be sure to bring ALL the documents enumerated here. This will save you more time, and your loan process speeds up significantly.
Another thing, DO NOT attempt to submit false documents. This is a federal offense and could seriously get you in trouble!
Step 3: Review the Loan Agreement
The lender will now determine your loan amount.
How much you will get for your loan is determined by your car’s year, make, and model. The mileage and other extras* are considered too.
Once you are informed of the loan amount you’re eligible for, you will be given a loan agreement.
This is a SUPER important part. We understand that you may be in a hurry to get your cash, but be mindful of this step.
Here are SOME TIPS:
- Compare if the loan amount is close or equal to the estimated equity value of your vehicle.
- Check how you will get your loan proceeds – whether that is by a bank or another form of wire transfer.
- Take note of the payment terms, hidden fees, and other miscellaneous information.
- Know the policy of the lending company on late payments.
- Ask questions for anything that you need clarifications with.
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of the loan if you need to.
Remember, the loan agents are eager to answer your questions. Don’t hesitate to call or leave a message.
Step 4: The Best Part AKA Getting Your Money
And just like that, we’re down to our final step. Once your loan agent lets you know that you qualified for an auto title loan, the agent will also let you know how to get your money.
The lending company may let you choose which method you would prefer – whether that is through direct deposit, wire transfer, check, or cash.
And that’s how you apply for a car title loan in Louisville, KY!
Why Should I Get an Auto Title Loan?
Aside from the convenient application form, auto title loans are also the EASIEST and QUICKEST way to get the cash you need.
Here are SOME REASONS why title loans are the BEST when it comes to quick cash.
- Flexibility. Honestly, the best thing one can ask for is a considerate lender. In title loans, you are allowed to clarify and negotiate any terms and conditions in the contract. Of course, as long as the lender agrees.
- No strict credit requirement. A lot of other types of loans require a high credit score. Title loans are an EXCEPTION. Having a bad credit score WILL NOT disqualify you from car title loans.
- No mountain of paperwork. The process of cash title loans is pretty STRAIGHTFORWARD. You won’t have to wait a lot of time after submitting documents. After the lender reviews your papers, you will be notified right away if you are qualified for a title loan.
- Accessible online 24/7. From Step 1 down to Step 4, you can do everything in the comfort of your home. Now that we are in a pandemic, online application is more favorable and safe.
- Continue driving your car. The ONLY thing that your lender will need is the CAR TITLE. Unlike when you pawn your vehicle, you get to keep your vehicle while you repay the loan.
Do you have any other concerns and clarifications? We got you.
#1 Do I Need to Have a Full-Time Employment to Qualify for Car Title Loans?
No, you don’t. What’s important is that you prove your ability to repay the loan.
Your proof of income need not necessarily be payslips.
It can also be social security benefits or other documents that will show your title loan lender you can make the monthly payments in time.
Again, as long as you prove your ability to repay the loan amount, you’re good to go!
#2 Does the Lender Check Credit?
There are times that the lender DOES CHECK credit. Don’t worry! Hear me out first.
Having a high score will not automatically guarantee your approval in title loans. Although it does give credibility, those with low scores should not lose hope.
Lenders will also consider your car’s year, make, model, and mileage to determine if you are qualified for a vehicle title loan.
#3 Do All Kinds of Cars Qualify for Car Title Loans?
Unfortunately, NOT ALL cars qualify for auto title loans.
Most lenders in Louisville, KY, would not approve cars made on or before the year 2000.
Also, cars with high mileage are often disqualified of ANY loan approval.
To be sure, double-check with your loan agent if your car is qualified. Don’t forget to mention the important details, such as the year and mileage of your vehicle.
#4 Will I Be Able to Reschedule Loan Payments?
As with other types of loans, the option to repay at a later time is possible. However, we DON’T ADVICE you to do this.
Often, lenders will charge a late payment fee if you end up asking for an extension.
To avoid this, make sure to properly allot money for your loan monthly payments ahead of time.
#5 What Should I Do if My Title Is Lost?
The amazing thing is, you can always ask for a duplicate copy from your county’s DMV.
Follow the steps posted online, and you’ll receive your duplicate copy in about a week.
Urgently need your duplicate title? You can request expedited service at an additional fee.
#6 When Will I Get My Title Back?
After your loan’s final repayment, you may expect to receive your vehicle title within five to ten business days.
Apply for Louisville Title Loans Today
With vehicle title loans, the money you need is only a few minutes away.
With a more accessible application process, straightforward requirements, and flexible terms of the loans, you will overcome your crisis.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now and get your money right away!