Car Title Loans In Indianapolis, Indiana: The Easiest Way to Borrow Money ASAP
Getting emergency cash through loans can be a pain if you have a low credit score.
Fortunately, if you’re a resident of Indiana, you can get your money through an auto title loan with a lender regardless of your credit score!
All you need are a few simple documents, and you’re ready to go— just be sure to double-check everything you need to know about title loans in Indianapolis by reading through this whole post.
Car Title Loan: Some Basic Facts
Before applying for a car title loan/auto title loan, you should know exactly what you’re getting. Thankfully, we’re here to give you important details regarding auto title loans.
- They are short-term and high-interest rate loans that don’t require many things, thus the quick application process and approval.
As their name suggests, title loans allow borrowers to use their vehicle title as collateral or security for the loan. This makes it a low-risk money loan for the lender with the vehicle as security.
This means the loan amounts are dependent on the value of the vehicle, should they not have the ability to repay the money on time. They risk their vehicle being repossessed by the lenders.
Let’s Discuss the Legality of Car Title Loans in Indianapolis, Indiana
Also, while federal laws are in place to protect consumers, state law specifies legalities regarding car title loans over their respective jurisdictions.
So requirements and terms for title loans will differ between most states, and it’s most likely that you’ll only be able to get a car title loan in the state you reside in— in this case, in Indiana.
Do you want to avoid getting involved with any illegal mishaps and ruining your credit further? Go to a lender or loan service with a license to provide a title loan service from the state of Indiana.
Why Would I Need One?
Of course, there are probably other options other than title loans available to you as a quick source of cash, but there is definitely more than one benefit when you apply for title loans:
- Quick (even same day!) application processing and approval.
- Receive your money in cash or wired to your account instantly! Have it the same day or the next.
- You can qualify even with bad credit.
- A chance to improve your credit score.
If one or more of these benefits appeal to you, car title loans might be the money solution you’ve been looking for!
However, note that the lender will usually approve loan proceeds for household purposes ONLY and can’t be used as a student loan service.
Securing Car Title Loans: A Step by Step Process
Do your research and go through this article thoroughly! Being knowledgeable will give you confidence and the upper hand when discussing terms with the lenders.
Call the company for pre-approval (if available), a quotation, and the required documents. If you’re MORE comfortable beginning your application for title loans online, you can opt for that option.
Gather the required documents and bring them along with the vehicle you’re applying with to the lender.
Most lenders in Indianapolis will accept ALL sorts of vehicles (cars, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles).
Discuss loan amounts and terms with the lender. Other than the loan amount and interest rate, the terms for such loans include the following:
- Payment deadlines
- Finance charge (how much the lenders are charging for the service)
- Annual percentage rate (APR is how much the loan will cost you in total).
In Indiana, maximum loan terms are for 14 days only, with the maximum APR dependent on the specific terms of the title loans (they work similarly to payday loans).
Carefully go over the complete terms of your loan, and be sure to ask the lender for them in writing before signing the contract.
These details SHOULD be present:
- Names of the borrower
- Lenders’ names
- Description of the vehicle
Once signed, the lender will give you the money in cash or wire you the money within the same day.
In Indianapolis, you should also still own your vehicle during the duration of the loan.
Paying Back Your Title Loan
When paying back your title loan in Indianapolis, rather than your ability to repay the money to the lenders as soon as possible, it’s more important to do so strictly following the terms in the contract.
There are usually two ways to pay back the money on title loans:
- Single-payment title loans are paid back in a lump sum within 14-30 days (depending on the loan terms).
- Installment title loans are a more flexible payment plan that lets you pay back in set increments, usually within 3-6 months.
This makes it so that you will face penalties of an extra charge if you pay back your loan before the term ends. This may or may not cost you more in the long run, but either way improves your credit.
What I Need for a Car Title Loan In Indianapolis
In Indianapolis, you will usually need the following documents for your car title loan application.
Be sure to go over each requirement thoroughly so that you WON’T encounter any issues between you and your lender.
- The qualified title to the vehicle (NOTE: Co-ownership of the vehicle may affect your application.)
- The vehicle you are turning over
- Proof of income (this can be range from bank statements or pay stubs)
- Proof of residence in Indianapolis (this can be a utility bill or any government mail)
- Valid photo identification (state I.D. or driver’s license)
The most important thing when applying for title loans is that your vehicle’s title is lien-free, meaning you own the car WITHOUT any remaining balance on its payment.
The lenders in Indianapolis may also require more documents depending on your legal status in the US, as well as photos of your car for a thorough appraisal of its worth.
Even better, in Indianapolis, the validity of your documents, as well as any other additional requirements for title loans, can usually be discussed over the phone with the lender.
Additionally, some lenders or loan service companies in Indianapolis can also give you pre-approval and a quotation for loan amounts over the phone. This speeds up the application process!
Now that you’ve learned how to apply for a title loan in Indianapolis, you may still be wondering about other certain things when getting involved with title loans in the state of Indianapolis.
Below are some FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
How Much Can I Get for a Car Title Loan In Indiana?
Again, it would depend on the equity of your vehicle!
Most places will lend you 25-50% of the worth of your vehicle, but it might also depend on whether or not you’re a first-time borrower.
What Happens if I Can’t Repay the Loan?
Much like other loans, being unable to repay a lender in Indianapolis on title loans will affect your credit and come with the following other consequences:
- If you default on your loan, the lender has the right to seize and repossess your vehicle.
- To pay off the remaining balance on your loan, the lender will put your vehicle up for sale.
- If you can pay back the loan plus the interest before your car is sold, you may buy it back, but only at a price the lender has set since most will have made improvements.
- However, once it’s been sold, you will be notified and have little to no chance of repurchasing it.
- Your debt will increase, and your credit score will decrease.
Loan Rollovers in Indianapolis
Most services in Indianapolis have a second option if you cannot pay back your loans on time to prevent your credit from getting worse— a loan rollover. This is what a rollover can do for you:
- You can discuss rollovers with the lenders to extend your loan terms.
- Aside from giving you enough time to pay back the cash you borrowed, this can prevent staggering your credit too much and keep your vehicle from being sold for a little while longer.
- Interest will still apply, so you will have to be sure to have enough on time— this sort of loan is always expensive, but rollovers will cost even more.
- Remember that this is also a slippery slope that can lead to a continuous cycle of debt!
Conclusion: Are Title Loans In Indianapolis Worth It?
When you’re in desperate need of cash, any source of money will seem as appealing as an oasis in a desert. But remember that title loans aren’t long-term solutions.
We hope this article was informative and will help you make better credit decisions as a citizen of Indianapolis!